Our Church History

The available records for the Haxtun Methodist Episcopal Church go back only to 1892. There were 60 members received into membership during October and November 1892.

The three-room parsonage was south of the first church. Services were held in several schoolhouses in the area. In 1904, the minister preached in five schoolhouses in the Haxtun area. In 1906, he had the conviction to build a church in Haxtun. The church was dedicated October 13, 1907.

The first parsonage was moved from south of the church site to east of the church around 1906. In 1913, this was enlarged to accommodate all future parsonage families.

A tabernacle, connected to the south side of the church, for all-purpose usage, was built in 1921-1922.

The Official Board of the Highland Center Methodist Church and minister met July 22, 1945 and resolved to accept an invitation from the Haxtun Methodist Charge for a merger.

The first church was used until 1950 when the groundbreaking service for the present building took place September 16, 1950.

The cornerstone was laid October 29, 1950. All worship services and activities were held in the tabernacle until the new church was consecrated August 5, 1951.

The new Methodist church parsonage was built in 1954.

On September 10, 1962, it was voted to welcome the Trinity Methodist Church of Paoli into the fellowship of the Haxtun Methodist Church

The Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church voted to unite and form the United Methodist Church April 24, 1968. At about this time, the Daily Evangelical United Brethren Church closed and joined the Methodist church of Haxtun
Please check back later for a list of our previous Pastors.